Planning and Community Development
For updates, documents, and other information concerning the 2012-2032 Regional Plan, click here
- Assists the region's local governments with their Comprehensive Plan and Short-Term Work Programs.
- Provides local technical planning assistance to local governments annually with zoning ordinances, amendments, zoning maps and subdivision regulations.
- Assists local governments in preparation, adoption and utilization of land development standards to protect existing development and guide new growth.
- Coordinates implementation and planning of all municipal member local governments for Service Delivery Strategies.
- Prepares updates for the Regional Agenda for our 16-county area.
- Develop and implement yearly contract with the Georgia Department of Transportation which includes Rural Transit, Bicycle & Pedestrian Planning, Safe Routes to School, Historic Resources and Scenic Byways.
- Assists member governments in securing grants and loan funds for a variety of community projects including water, sewer, streets, storm drainage, outdoor recreation facilities, and new and renovated buildings to house senior centers, child care centers, youth and family resource centers, mental health/mental retardation/substance abuse centers, neighborhood service centers, etc.
- Administers projects funded with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), USDA and other sources.
- Provides planning assistance to Georgia Department of Natural Resources-Environmental Protection Division.
- Provides assistance with the development of ordinances for the protection of environmental resources that meet the Environmental Planning Criteria.
- Reviews and comments on developments of regional Impact.