Shellman Train Depot
- Prepares and administers Heritage grants within the 16-county region.
- Prepares and administers Transportation Enhancement projects for the 16-county region under local contracts.
- Provides technical assistance to private businesses and individuals in the 16-county region on the National Register of Historic Places Nominations and Historic Preservation tax credits.
- Coordinates Regional Historic Preservation Advisory Committee for 16-county jurisdiction.
- Coordinates with the Department of Natural Resources on Historic Resource Surveys.
- Coordinates with the Georgia Department of Transportation on the Scenic Byway Program in the region.
- Provides staff for the Columbus Board of Historic Architectural Review.
- Consults on historic tax credits, ordinances and National Register nominations.
- Provides technical assistance to local governments, organizations, individuals, and the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
- Provides technical assistance to Better Home Towns and Main Street communities.