logo

RVRC

Contact Us

Unified Government of Webster County

    Webster County was created in 1853 from part of Stewart County. Georgia's 103rd county originally had an Indian name, Kinchafoonee, for a creek that crosses the county. After outsiders made fun of the name, the county's citizens petitioned to change it to honor Daniel Webster.

    The first Confederate flag to fly in Georgia was raised on the Webster County Courthouse lawn in 1861. At the end of the war, Union troops cut down and destroyed the flagpole.

    For a short period during World War II, the belvedere atop the courthouse was used to watch for any enemy aircraft that might be headed toward nearby Fort Benning.

River Valley Regional Commission

Webster County Courthouse

Click here for Georgia Snapshot

 

 

 

Webster County Comprehensive Plan


2015-2019 Comprehensive Plan (2014 Update - Draft)

Pre-Disaster Mitigation Plan

Webster County 2007-2011

Solid Waste Management Plan

Webster County - Update 2010-2015

Area Agency on Aging

Workforce Innovation

Active Valley

Visit our regional bicycle and pedestrian website at www.activevalley.org
English Spanish

Website by Majestic Pages
© 2014 River Valley Regional Commission