logo

Contact Us

Talbot County

    Talbot County became Georgia's 73rd county by Act on December 14, 1827, from Muscogee County. Originally it included part of Taylor County. It was named for Matthew Talbot (1767-1827), a member of the legislature and a member of the Convention that framed the Constitution of Georgia. He was president of the United States Senate and Governor in 1819 after the death of Governor Rabun until the election of Governor Clark.

    First officers of Talbot County, commissioned February 9, 1828, were Abraham Laurence, Sheriff; Samuel C. Leach, Clerk of Superior Court; William S. Goss, Clerk of Inferior Court; Benjamin Loyd, Surveyor; Hubbard Brown, Coroner.

    Today Talbot County consists of the towns of Geneva, Junction City, Woodland, and the county seat Talbotton.

River Valley Regional Center

 

Talbot County Courthouse

Click on picture for Georgia Snapshot

 

 

 

Talbot County Comprehensive Plan

Population Element

Short Term Work Program

Development of Regional Impact (DRI)

DRI 2018 Oconee Concrete Plant:
Environmental

 

English Spanish

Active Valley

Workforce Innovation


Website by Majestic Pages
© 2014 River Valley Regional Commission