logo

RVRC

Contact Us

Unified Government of
Cussetta-Chattahoochee County

Chattahoochee County, named for the Chattahoochee River that forms the county's western border, was created February 14, 1854, from parts of Marion and Muscogee counties. Cusseta, the county seat, was incorporated on December 22, 1855. The county courthouse, in Cusseta, was constructed in 1854, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

 

Chattahoochee County is home to the Fort Benning Military Reservation. It was founded at the beginning of the first World War and was named for General Henry Lewis Benning, a Confederate general.

RVRC

Chattahoochee County Courthouse

Click here for
Georgia Snapshot

 
Chattahoochee County Comprehensive Plan

Community Agenda 2008-2030

Cussetta-Chattachoochee Solid Waste Management Plan

Solid Waste Management Plan 2007

Chattahoochee County Sudivision Regulations

Subdivision Regulations DRAFT- 2011

 

Pre-Disaster Mitigation Plan

Pre Disaster Mitigation Plan 2016

 

 

 

 

Area Agency on Aging

Workforce Innovation

Active Valley

Visit our regional bicycle and pedestrian website at www.activevalley.org
English Spanish

Website by Majestic Pages
© 2014 River Valley Regional Commission