|Chattahoochee Clay Crisp Dooly Harris Macon Marion Muscogee|
|Quitman Randolph Schley Stewart Sumter Talbot Taylor Webster|
The mission of the River Valley Regional Commission (RVRC) is to support local governments in the 16 counties and the cities within our region to plan and develop the economic opportunities and infrastructure necessary to attain and maintain the highest living standard and quality of life for residents of the region.
Included within the River Valley Regional Commission is the Workforce Investment Act and the Area Agency on Aging.
The RVRC serves as the grant administrator/recipient on behalf of the Middle Flint Area 15 Workforce Investment Board administering the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) program. The Middle Flint WIA serves the counties of Crisp, Dooly, Macon, Marion, Schley, Sumter, Taylor and Webster counties. The purpose and goal of the program is to provide educational and training opportunities to eligible individuals ages 18 and up to receive knowledge and skills needed for employment, employment retention and self-sufficiency.
The River Valley Area Agency on Aging provides seniors opportunities to maintain their activity, independence, and dignity through a comprehensive, coordinated system of services and support. The AAA assesses need, advocates for seniors, engages community support, coordinates program funding, and monitors and evaluates the work of service providers to ensure that seniors receive high quality assistance.
The overall goals of the RVRC are:
- To prepare regional plans to meet the requirements of Coordinated Planning Legislation and program/infrastructure needs for the 16-county region and member local governments.
- To achieve a diversified, well-balanced economy for the region with ample job opportunities for our citizens.
- To assure a high quality education and educational opportunities to satisfy the needs, desire, aspirations, and potential of all our citizens.
- To conserve and protect natural resources vital to future development and quality of life for citizens of the region.
- To provide minimum levels of community infrastructure sufficient to provide job opportunities, basic educational enrichment, and quality lifestyles for area citizens in balance with natural resource systems.